- Explore Aniseed Valley – this beautiful river-land is nestled into the hills behind Hope. It is brimming with waterholes and fun for everyone. With safe swimming for littlee’s through to jumping 10 metres off a rocky platform into the deep below make this just as much fun for teenagers, gorgeous scenery, plenty of parking, BBQue amenities and Picnic spots.
- Go-carting @ Tahunanui Fun Park – are you a competitive driver? do you want to beat your Dad, your friends,your siblings? Challenge them to 15 mins of packed in Adrenalin filled fun as you race around the track testing your rally driving skills to the max!
- Hydro-slide @ Tahnunanui. Whilst at the beach why not cool off going down the hydroslide your absolute fastest, challenge Mum on this one or the cousins here for the holidays, great fun for the whole family whether a spectator or participant. Get a Gelato acroos the park @ Raglan roast cafe on the way home.
- Cable bay – worth a visit for the Cafe alone (under new management just in time for Summer) take a short stroll up to the lookout, or if you are up to it, a long walk over the hill to Glenduan. On the way home take the high-wire ride over the bush clad hills for the thrill of your life!!
- Kahikatea walk – for a gentle but beautiful bush-walk you cant go past this walk 5mins out of town along the Grampians range. Its cool in summer as mostly under the cover of native bush. Finish with some replenishment @ “The Boathouse” on Nelsons Waterfront. A character filled bar & restaurant on stilts in the water, with a great bistro menu, a good selection of local wines &plenty of outdoor seating as you relax and take in the sun and the view.